Just as you would select a cardiologist to treat a heart problem, an oculoplastic surgeon is the specialist you should choose to treat your eyelids and surrounding structures. An oculoplastic surgeon is the only surgeon whose training and expertise are focused exclusively on the intricacies of plastic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, tear ducts, and surrounding area.
Dr. Elba Pacheco is one of the area’s most pre-eminent, Oculoplastic (eye plastic) Surgeons with over 25 years of experience in teaching and clinical care. Notably, she is a member of the Johns Hopkins faculty at the Wilmer Eye Institute located in Baltimore, MD.
“My greatest satisfaction comes from giving patients back a younger version of themselves.” Dr. Pacheco is dedicated to restoring “the eyes of your youth” both aesthetically and functionally. Her expertise ranges from highly specialized, cosmetic and non-cosmetic, eyelid and brow surgery, to the safest non-invasive cosmetic and facial rejuvenation procedures. Along with a warm bedside manner, her attention to detail and meticulous nature lend an artistic touch to her work.
In 1999, after eight years on the full-time faculty of The Wilmer Eye Institute, Dr. Pacheco founded the Center for Eye & Laser Surgery and Adoro Medical Spa while continuing her commitment to Johns Hopkins as a part-time faculty member. Over the years, the Center has established itself as a practice that takes pride in the first-rate care it offers, and the satisfaction and comfort of its patients – a place where patients may open their eyes to the possibilities of returning to a younger version of themselves. Dr. Pacheco’s ongoing commitment to teaching at Johns Hopkins continues to place her at the forefront of the latest research and technological developments in her field.
In 2009, Dr. Pacheco proudly announced the opening of the new Center for Eye & Laser Surgery and Adoro Medical Spa in Severna Park, MD. In our new location, patients receive the same first-class, individualized care as always, and now enjoy a more elegant, serene environment.
The exceptional quality of care Dr. Pacheco offers stems from her world-class medical training and personal philosophy. Her professional background includes:
- 1991 – Present: Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at The Wilmer Eye Institute of The Johns Hopkins University.
- 1991: Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- 1991: Completion of her fellowship in Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery at The Wilmer Eye Institute of The Johns Hopkins University.
- 1990: Completion of her fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, also at The Wilmer Eye Institute.
- 1989: Completion of her residency in Ophthalmology at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University of Miami, School of Medicine
- 1986: Completion of her internship at St. Mary’s Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- 1985: Graduated medical school from the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Columbia University.
- 1981: Received her Bachelor of Arts in Molecular Biology from Wellesley College.